Pages

October 18, 2013

I will follow you........

..................anchored with love.
Hello everyone, I have a project to share with you that I am very excited about.
As you all know one of the latest craze is chalkboard like art, I found the perfect thing for me to try it on in the last issue of Paper Crafts magazine.
In the magazine they did it on a clipboard, well I wanted to do it as framed art.

I have a grandson (well actually two)that is in the Navy and I thought his wife would like this framed to hang in their home.
I was very hard to take a good photo of this, I guess I should have taken the glass off so I would have such a reflection.   I hope you can read the words as they have great meaning, in case you can't here is what it says
"I will follow you my love,
wherever you may go to
the sunny beach or the stormy sea
you are my anchor and
forever will be"

It was quite a challenge to set this file up in the correct shape that I wanted.  I tried in both Silhouette Designers edition software and in Make the Cut software, I finally added up using MTC to create it. 
Using a white Uni-ball Gel Pen I wrote on a piece of black poster board.  I used posted board because it was the largest piece of black paper I could find.  The anchor is on a piece of  10.5 x 13.5 piece of poster board.  After I wrote it with the white pen, I rubbed a piece of white chalk on it to give it more of a chalkboard look.   
Here is a better picture showing the distressed chalkboard look.
In person it looks a lot more black.  Well I had to wrap it up and mail it to Maine because that is where they are living.  I was very nervous but it arrived safely :)
She was very thrilled with it, as I kind thought she would be.
I am so glad you stopped by, I would love to hear what you think of my project. 
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I love it Donna!! It is beautiful and I so love this saying. :)

Cocoa's Mom said...

This is just awesome, Donna! No wonder she loved it! TFS Christine

Raquel said...

Wow Donna! This is such a touching project. Beautiful!