Pages

September 6, 2016

Pretty Poppies

Hi, I hope everyone had a fabulous long Labor Day weekend
and hopefully had a little bit of time to craft.
My hand is doing much better after my carpal tunnel surgery
so I was able to get some things done.
So today I have a card to share with you that I hope will brighten
your day.

I stamped these beautiful very large Poppies from  Unity Stamps
by Donna Downey on watercolor paper then heat embossed them using white embossing powder.
Then colored them using Zig Clean Color brush markers.  I love those things!
I masked off the flowers so some looked like they were behind others, but I messed up a bit and should have masked the big one and stamped the one
up in the corner so it would be over the big one, but I guess it came out looking ok anyways peeking out in the back.
These stamps are pretty big the front one measures about 4 inches.  Then
I stamped a border across the middle to set off the sentiment a little.  I saw someone do this (wish I could remember who) and liked the touch it added.
The sentiment is a Rubbernecker stamp.
I wish it would show up in the picture because I covered the poppies with
clear Wink of Stella so they are all sparkly.

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you think
of my card.

Challenged entered:
Crafty Sentiments - Anything goes ends 9/12
Digi ChoosDay - Anything goes ends 9/20
Lemon Shortbread - Anything goes ends 9/11
Sunny Day Crafting - Anything goes 
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything goes ends 9/12
Work it out Wednesday - what you're working on 9/30

8 comments:

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Donna. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Sue Crease said...

Beautiful card, I love the bright colours and yes sure to cheer anyone up. I can't see any mistakes it's wonderful. Hope you continue to stay well after your surgery.
Sue

Janis Lewis said...

Very pretty! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting.
~DT Janis

GalFridayStamping said...

Very lovely card! Those flowers just pop right off the page. Thank you for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday. Jane P. DT ❤️

MAKKE FOAR DY said...

Beautiful card! Love the large flowers!
Hope you stay well so you can craft again!

Thanks for joining our ATG challenge at Through the craft room door.
Hope to see you back next week!

Aly DT member TTCRD

Deb said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the colours and your colouring :) Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting

DT Deb x

maria f. said...

Those certainly are pretty poppies. They jumped right out of the SSS gallery at me!

Unknown said...

Stunning.. LOVE this one