Pages

October 11, 2017

Hot & Spicy - Color Challenge

What a fun challenge this is.  Over at Less is More color challenge
this time the colors are "hot & spicy".  As soon as I saw this I knew exactly what
stamp I wanted to use. 
We recently took a trip over to Hatch New Mexico to pick up some chile
peppers (they are the best from there), once you see those strings of
red chile you know that Fall is here.

First off this challenge is all about simple or less is more as the
name states so I kept these cards as simple as possible. 

The string of chiles is a stamp from Mark's Finest Stamps, I bought this several years ago with the intention to use it on a Christmas card.  Living in Arizona I thought it worked well.
I colored the chiles with my Zig Clean Color brush markers, I tried
to leave some yellow showing but got a little too heavy handed with the red but it still looks good.  The Merry Christmas is a Hero Arts stamp
that I stamped in black and then heat embossed clear.


The second one I wanted to try and add a little more sparkle or elegance
to it, so I stamped it and heat embossed it in gold. I colored this
one using several Copic markers.
I fussy cut out the peppers but am going to work on trying to
scan in the image and cut it out with my Cricut Explore or Silhouette Cameo.
I would like to mass produce these so it would be very helpful if I can
get that figured out.

So what do you think, is that Hot & Spicy enough for you.
Leave me a comment and let me know which you like better.

I am so sad to say that when I went to link up Mark's Finest Stamps I
discovered that they have closed, such a shame but glad I
have the stamps I do have.

Challenges entered:
Less is More - hot & spicy colors - ends 10/13
Aurora Winds - clean & simple - ends 10/14
Color Inspiration - hand-colored image - ends 10/31
Scrapbook Stamp Society - anything goes optional Autumn - ends 10/22






10 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Love them both, Nana Donna! Really can't pick a fave. What a great stamp and perfect Christmas cards from Arizona. Now I'm craving hot and spicy. LOL Thanks so much for joining our CAS challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Tracie said...

I like them both but really like the gold embossing. It is so striking. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

Susan said...

The gold embossing really makes your image pop from the card base. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Trina P. said...

Super fun image. Good thing you bought it before the company closed. As Susan previously commented, the gold one does stands out more. Plus, the gold embossing gives it shine. Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

Sue Crease said...

Your cards are wonderful and I just LOVE the second one (but only just!) what a fab stamp that is.
Sue X

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I love both your cards! Interesting about the chilies! Thanks for sharing them with us at PIP Challenges.
Hugs

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Two really beautiful and fabulously CAS cards here Donna! That string of chillies is a brilliant stamp, and you are right...it does work for Christmas too. I must say I am smitten by the gold embossed version too because it has that touch of luxury and elegance. Thanks so much for popping this in to us at Less is More xx

Kaija said...

Beautiful!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

KarinsArtScrap said...

Nana Donna this is beautiful
Thanks for join us at
{ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
Hope to see you again and goodluck

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

Unknown said...

How cool is that!! Living in Alberta something like Chilis is definetly not a Christmas image! LOL This is reallt beautifully done!!
I'm so sorry for being sooo late on my commenting but thank you so much for playing with us at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog!!