Pages

October 12, 2017

Water-coloring with Pencils

Hi, I am back to share another card with you today, another
Christmas card.  Trying to get some stash saved up.

I was sent some products to review from a company called
MAPED that has a lot of crafts and school products.

I have a 6-year-old great-granddaughter that loves to
draw, color and most of all paint.  Well we all know that
painting with a 6-year-old can be pretty messy, so I thought
using watercolor pencils with give her the feeling of painting but without
all the mess.
They are called Aqua Color'Peps 

I thought I would try them out coloring a stamped image before
I had a chance to color/paint with her, so here is what I made.

It was pretty easy to do, just colored in a bit and then used a water brush to                                                                spread the color.  
I did use some glitter pens to add some accents to it.  I matted the
pieces of paper with gold paper.  I stamped on a small tag using
a Hero Arts stamp then tied it on with some twine that has gold thread in it.

Back to those pencils, one thing I really liked about them is they have
slightly flat sides which means they will not roll off your workspace. 
The flat is not so much that you have problems sharpening them.  I also
got some pencils sharpeners to review.  I really loved the one
I got that has an eraser on one side of it, so convenient and the
eraser works great. 

I received a variety of pencil sharpeners and am anxious to try them
out with my PrismaColor pencils, we all know they can be
difficult to sharpen.
#maped


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have got to try a set of these... lovely card Donna :)